Two important websites to guide you in understanding how to prevent infestations or control and eliminate pests once they’ve unintentionally entered your collection.
- The MuseumPests Working Group was formed by collection managers, conservators, entomologists and other professionals for the implementation of integrated pest management in museums, libraries, archives, and other collection-holding institutions: https://museumpests.net/
- PREVENTION – Implementing IPM & preventing access to pests https://museumpests.net/prevention-introduction/
- MONITORING – Monitoring & tracking pest populations https://museumpests.net/monitoring-introduction/
- IDENTIFICATION – Identifying potential pest threats https://museumpests.net/identification/
- SOLUTIONS – Treating outbreaks in the safest manner possible https://museumpests.net/solutions/
- RESOURCES – Additional resources pertaining to IPM https://museumpests.net/resources-2/
2. What’s Eating Your Collection is a website by the Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery dedicated to integrated pest management with guidance to its implementation and to the identification of the insects that you may find with recommendations in case you need to take action.
(Note: this website requires Flash)